Thursday, September 08, 2011

Mediocrity sucks!

Mediocrity.  Wherever I go, everything I see is mediocre.  Excellence looks like a thing of past.


The vegetable vendor has vegetables that are not real fresh, the service is average.  The customer care support, are not efficient.  They put you on hold for every query you have to clarify from some team of theirs; illustration: to know if a battery is available or not, you gotta wait for 30 minutes on phone! 

No, this is no blame game.  I include myself in this list of mediocrity.  When everyone is following the path of being mediocre, any cry about making it 'right' or doing the best is not considered at all.

A mediocre life sucks.  There is no motivation, there is no achievement, there is no satisfaction and it so damn boring.

Now I lead a life of a mediocre.  I do things somehow so that it is DONE.  There is no passion or joy in doing things.

I do not want to be a mediocre, anymore.  I want to do as many things as I can, in a way that is, as best as I could do.  I want to live my life to the fullest without any fear and inhibition.  I want to love unconditionally and let love flow to me, break-free.  I want to excel, in all the tasks I do and keep aspiring for excellence. 

I want to stop doing things for the heck of doing it.  I want to do things, only those, which I think I need to do.  Isn't that a nicer way to lead a life?  Comments?




8 comments:

Jayasudha Dhawan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayasudha Dhawan said...

yes... surely its one of the best way...!!! this life we would never get back.... So instead of enjoying our comfort zone, we should just come out of it... and have super fun.... explore things , do things we always wanted to do...!!!

Loved your blog...

dharmabum said...

some seems angry :)

Nadhi said...

@jaya: Yeah! You said it right. Thank you. Hope to read some of your thoughts soon.

@bala: rather, I would say am sort of bored and frustrated, of and at myself.

Jayasudha Dhawan said...

:) My thoughts.... I am still framing my thoughts.... dont know when I'l b able to pen them down :)

Ayshwaeya said...

Hi jay.. We should enjoy whatever work we do. But to excel in everything to the fullest we need to be a perfectionist.Is that possible?

Nadhi said...

Hi Ayshwaeya,

I admit we cannot be perfect in 'everything' we do, but I do think that we have to try and give the best shot at whatever we do - and this includes not only one's work (as in career) but even the smallest task like cleaning the floor.

I see that quality is sacrificed in lot of instances and that is because of the mediocrity attitude. We do not really want to have the best of things. We settle for things that are just 'okay' which irks me.

Candy said...

It sucks when ppl advertise mediocrity as a normal sane way of life!!! Glad tat u hate it. I do the same. Keep it up :)