Saturday, March 03, 2007

Complaints complaints complaints

“Do you own house? Have you bought a land for yourself?……”

I have heard this many times.

When I walk past the streets last week I started to think, we all build houses, protect it with walls and claim that it is our land. The land that we own now comes from our ancestors but did the people who lived in the past bought it from anyone?

I think.

People should have lived for a very long time in sync with nature and only when they were in need of some other thing they would have traded this land and thus this should have started.

But who are we to claim that this piece of land is ours?

Leave the land form.

In India people fight for rivers!!!
They say that the river belongs to their state and that they can’t lend it to their neighboring state. Sounds stupid! The rivers have their own way to flow on the land. Who are we to stop that? Why does man wants to dominate and rule the nature? After all we all came from the nature and still we depend solely on nature to survive. Why should then we fight among ourselves and try to do the impossible?

Now I feel, if we would have all lived in a common place, if we would have shared our resources with one another, if we had respected the laws of nature, this state that the world is facing could be avoided. It is the community living that could restructure the society and build some values in people.

I also understand that I might sound absurd in thinking this way. But I will still believe that if we respect the nature’s law we will live in peace!

I know I complain too much. But, this complaint follows my previous one. Leave respecting nature. Do we at least respect our fellow humans? We don’t. There is no respect that we show for another person’s existence!

Let us respect nature or at least our fellow beings and make this world a happy place to be!

2 comments:

The Anonymous said...

I'm starting to like your articles, starting with this one especially.

I can see that the no of entries have increased and the quality improving every day.

This post might be a very interesting topic of discussion - how about following it up with another post with your suggestions on improving the situation?

Regards,
Sowmya

dharmabum said...

beautiful thoughts, jai.

did u watch the matrix? in one of the scenes, the agent calls the human beings a 'virus'...i think he is very correct.

and i'd agree with soumya - its high time we all start thinking of what CAN be done rather than what IS. and in that context, let me remind of u gandhi's words which go something like,

'we must be the change that we want to see around us'