Friday, July 13, 2012

Ramblings...

It has been almost half a year since I posted.  I am shocked.  Thanks to my colleague that I woke up and got a reason to write again.


Past 2 weeks has been a lot of reflection - hence very intense.  


What I wanted to share now is something that has been bothering me for a very long time now.  I had been very elusive about these thoughts in my mind - more-so because not many people around me appreciated or considered that it was a 'normal' thought process.


So what bothers me?


1.  Why do people lack trust?  A common trustworthiness you could entertain with another just because he / she is a human and not because of any other reason.  I should not talk to an auto driver unnecessarily cos I may get into trouble?!  I can't greet a stranger in my train boogie cos train robbery is a known thing.  




2. Why is this generation living in fear?  Fear of being attacked, cheated, ignored, robbed, hit.  Are we all animals?  




3.  Why should one be always told what he / she has to do?  Why can't people take initiative and do what is their own duty?




4.  Why can't people forgive?  




5.  Why can't we accept each other and treat one another as equals instead of doing power plays and exercising egos?




6.  Why can't we love for love sake?  Why is it always a trade?




7.  Why aren't we taught to / encouraged to renounce?  Why should we always hoard things for ourselves, our family?  Why can't we give up something for a larger cause?


8.  Why little pleasures like smoking, drinking, are so important for us despite knowing it is going to be short-lived?




9.  Why do we think we are overkilling ourselves or being extra super great when we live a dutiful life?  Dutiful in terms of doing one's duty, be clean physically and mentally.  Why do those dutiful people think they are doing something great while there is so much more to achieve?


10.  Why when I question myself and others on all these issues I am being perceived as someone being over critical or hung up in life?  Why am I classified as perfectionist or idealist?  Why am I banned to expect these qualities in my fellow men? 


If these are all 'saint'ly qualities, then may be it is high time I claim myself one!  That way I get to live my life the way I want and nobody would question me, eh?




No comments: