Monday, June 10, 2013

Lakes, wetlands and humans

I just happened to read this article and kept wondering why people are so dumb.  The crux of the discussion is all about how the construction is going to affect the traffic and people's lives.  While that is immediate, what happens to our wetlands?  Why in the world an individual's opinion about ruining and worsening the water crisis of cities not heard?

I am just wondering what can I do with respect to this particular event.  And there is just this wonder always.  I am clueless of what I can do within my limits as a citizen to voice my concern about certain decisions made at the Government level.

There is a planting drive going on, saving lake campaign going on - how come the government does not think about these larger impact of decisions made at this moment in time?  Who is actually the government?  Who gets benefits out of these projects? So many concerns and questions - what do I do to alleviate further deterioration to the environment?

Guide me, please.

1 comment:

JP Prasad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.